Total Pageviews

Friday, August 22, 2014

HOLY BLERG I LEAVE IN A WEEK and other thoughts

WHAT! Where did this summer go? Wasn’t I supposed to turn into an adult or something? I keep thinking that in the not-so-distant future people are going to come to me with problems about their body and expect me to fix them but I’m over here like “I wonder if taco bell would ever deliver”. Who decided I was ready for this? Who? Who? (WHO LET THE DOGS OUT, WHO WHO, get it? get it?) See? I’m a child. Or a very funny adult- you decide. 
But in all reality I’m very excited for this next step. Or at least that’s the party line. 
Other thoughts: Wow I have a lot of stuff. I managed, with the help of Rachael, to get all of my clothes and shoes into two suitcases and a rolling duffel. Ok, Rachael managed, with my occasional help. She’s a packing God whereas I’m a big proponent of stuff everything in and jump on it until it zips. Voila, packed. All I have left are the toiletries and essentials (first aid kit for the ever accident prone me) at my parent’s house. Why am I writing about this? 
More thoughts: leaving Chicago. I thought I would be more upset about it but I think I’m ready for a change. Don’t get me wrong, I love this city more than movie theatre popcorn (well, maybe an equal amount) but I have associated it so deeply with Loyola and being an undergrad that I’m completely ready to move on. I think that might be why I feel so ill prepared for adult/doctorhood- because I’m living in my college apartment, across the street from school, hanging out with my college friends, and all in all acting exactly the same as I have for the past 5 years. So I’m totally ready to leave. Hoorah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment